Extraction method of perilla seed oil
Edible oil is mainly composed of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, among which unsaturated fatty acids are essential fatty acids for the human body, especially polyunsaturated fatty acids such as linoleic acid α- Linolenic acid and other fatty acids are substances that the human body cannot synthesize on its own. perilla oil α- The linolenic acid content is as high as about 67%, making it the edible oil with the highest fatty acid content among all natural vegetable oils discovered so far. Therefore, it has the reputation of being a noble among edible oils. It has high nutritional and economic value. The market for small variety oil has not yet fully opened in China, so the processing project of perilla seed oil has broad prospects in China, and there are various methods for extracting perilla seed oil.
1. The traditional method of extracting perilla seed oil is mechanical pressing. Firstly, clean the perilla seeds and dry them in the air. Then, use a specialized hydraulic press to press them. Finally, obtain pure perilla seed oil through steps such as filtration and dehydration. Although this oil extraction method is simple, the oil yield is low and the oil quality is rough.
2. Solvent extraction method, solvent extraction method is a method of extracting oil from the oil by feeding raw materials into the extraction equipment and soaking or spraying the oil with organic solvents (such as n-hexane, petroleum ether, ethyl acetate, etc.). The use of this method to extract oil is simple, cost-effective, with high oil production rate and low temperature requirements, making it easy to achieve large-scale and automated production. However, the residual solvent in the produced crude oil is large, and the color is dark, which may pose a certain degree of hidden danger to consumer health and the environment. Therefore, the leaching method production line generally needs to be equipped with refining oil equipment to refine and remove impurities and solvent residues in the crude oil, in order to ensure the quality of the oil and edible safety.
3. Supercritical fluid extraction method is a new type of oil extraction technology that uses supercritical CO2 as an extractant to separate the oil from perilla seeds. This method does not require the use of chemical solvents, is environmentally friendly, and can also retain the nutrients in perilla seeds, resulting in higher oil quality.
4. Enzymatic extraction is a method of using biological enzymes to break down the fat in perilla seeds and obtain oil. The specific process is to add perilla seed powder to water, add enzyme solution for reaction, and finally extract oil through steps such as centrifugation and dehydration. This method has simple operation, high oil yield, and good oil quality.
5. Hot pressing method is a method of promoting the flow of oil by heating. Heat the perilla seeds to a certain temperature before pressing to allow the oil to flow out. This method is simple to operate, but the oil yield is low and the oil quality is poor.
6. Ultrasonic assisted extraction method is an emerging extraction process developed on the basis of solvent extraction method. It utilizes the cavitation effect of ultrasound to intensify the diffusion of molecules at the liquid interface, promote cell fragmentation and oil leakage. Combining it with traditional extraction techniques can improve extraction efficiency.
In summary, there are various extraction methods for perilla seed oil, and different extraction methods have an impact on oil quality and yield. Choosing the suitable extraction method can result in better oil quality and larger oil yield.